Why? Modify security when a new Group needs access rights to a component, or an existing Group needs a different level of access rights to a component. See Understand Security Rights for more information on rights.
- Navigate to a page displaying a view of the component or links group.
- Click the Security button. The Component Editor window appears.
- Adjust access rights as necessary:
- Anonymous Access applies to users who are not logged in to the website (i.e. regular viewers of the website). Only View and No Access rights are available.
- Open Access applies to users who are logged in, but not a member of any Restricted Group assigned rights below.
- Restricted Group Access applies to members of the specified groups. If a user is a member of more than one group with specified rights, the highest right assigned is assigned to that user. Note that No Access is the highest right.
Note: If the component is a Links Group, there is an extra check box at the end of the form labeled Apply security changes to all subordinate Links Groups. Check this box to have the security settings shown on the form applied to all Links Groups on all pages created from the edited Links Group.
- Click Submit. The Component Editor window disappears and the main page refreshes reflecting your security changes.
Note: You may also access the Component Editor window for a component by using the Component Manager or the individual component managers on the Site Manager System Tools screen.