Note: Before you add a page, you may want to read through the Prepare to Add a Page procedure.
While logged in, if you can see an Add button at the top of any links group, you can add a page to that links group.
- Click Add. The Add a Web Page -- Establish The Link to Your Page window appears.
- In the Step 1 box, enter the link text that will appear in the links group. Then, click Submit. The Create a Web Page -- Choose a Template to Use window appears.
- Scroll through the available templates until you locate the template needed for your new page. Click the button labeled Select Template # next to the template you have selected. The Create a Web Page -- Enter Your Information window appears.
Note: You cannot change a page's template once you have chosen it, so choose well!
- In the How People Get To Your Page section, provide a Web Page File Name.
Note: A Web Page File Name can have up to 16 characters, punctuation and spaces are not allowed (any spaces you type will be changed to underscore characters, underscore and dashes are allowed), and the name will be saved in all lower case letters.
In the Page Title section, provide a Page Title.
- Fill in the other form fields as necessary. Then, click Submit. The Page Management Tool -- Create Page window appears.
- Verify that no errors have occurred while generating the page(s). Then, click Close This Window. The Page Management Tool -- Create Page window disappears and the page you started from refreshes. Click the link you just created in the links group to view the page you just created.
Note: If the links group in which you create your page has been configured for approval by a Site Manager, only you (as the creator of the page) and the specified approvers will be able to view the page until it has been approved. Pages waiting for approval will display UN-APPROVED PAGE! at the top of the page.