An email link launches the user's email program with a new email and a specified email address in the To box. Here's how:
Type the text users will click on to launch the email. The text should be descriptive, like "send an email to Bob" or the email address, rather than just "click here".
Note: If you type or paste an email address in the WYSIWYG text edit box, it may automatically add an email link.
- Highlight the link text, then click the Insert/edit link button in the toolbar. The Insert/edit link window appears.
- In the Link URL box, type mailto: and the email address you would like users to send email to. There should be no spaces in this text. For example, mailto:email@example.com is a correct email link.
- You do not need to change the Target list.
- You only need to provide a Title if the link text you chose does NOT describe the destination page well. If that's true, then type a clear description in the Title box.
- Click Insert. The Insert/edit link window disappears, and the link text is now underlined.
Finally, when you submit the form you are working on, and display the text in the browser, the link will be active (it is not active while editing).