To configure a News Component, click on a Component Name in the News Manager.
- Mode - The news component can be set to display in News or Classifieds mode. In Classifieds mode, articles are called ads and the article title is called the item name.
- Allow Pictures - Check this box to allow users to display pictures in their articles.
- Picture Maximum Width - This specifies the maximum width, in pixels, of pictures displayed in articles.
- Picture Maximum Height - This specifies the maximum height, in pixels, of pictures displayed in articles.
- Abstract Picture Maximum Width - This specifies the maximum width, in pixels, of pictures when shown on the article edit form.
- Allow Archiving - Check this box to allow users to determine what happens to an article on its expiration date. If left unchecked, all articles will be deleted on their expiration date. Articles without an expiration date will be archived regardless.
- Default Sort - Choose to sort articles in views by Date, alphabetically by Author Name or alphabetically by Category.
- Date Sort - If Default Sort is set to Date, choose whether you want the Oldest First or Newest First.
- Categories - Can be used to assist user searches for specific articles. Also, component views can be configured to display one or several categories from the component, rather than all articles.
Component for this Procedure: News
Minimum Community Center Version: 3
User Role: Site Manager
Procedure Link: http://www.liaa.org/howtoprocedure.asp?howtoid=73