If the Site Manager has allowed it, you may add pictures to a news article at any time while editing a news article:
- In the Pictures section of the News Editor window, click Add. A Picture Upload window appears.
- Click Browse. A Choose File window appears.
- Navigate to a picture file stored on your computer and double-click it so that its full path now appears in the box next to the Browse button on the Picture Upload window.
- Click Submit. Be patient while the picture is uploaded to the web site. Then, the Picture Upload window will disappear and the News Editor window will refresh with the message "A new picture has been added" at the top.
- Scroll back to the Pictures section of the News Editor window, make any changes necessary (at minimum, provide a Caption), then click Submit. The News Editor window disappears and the news view you started from refreshes.
How Pictures Appear in Your Article
By default, the system tries to assign one picture per paragraph in the article. If you have fewer pictures than paragraphs, you can assign a picture to a particular paragraph by changing its Order number to the number of the paragraph (count paragraphs starting with 1 at the top of the Article). If there are more pictures than paragraphs, the pictures are shown in a column to the right of the text.
Starting with Community Center version 5b30, the editor has options of how to display pictures. The above method is called In Body Text. You can also choose to display pictures as:
- A Slideshow (Shows 1 picture at a time, the pictures automatically transition one to another) that appears below the text.
- A Gallery (Shows a grid of thumbnail images. The user can click on an image for a larger view.) that appears below the text.
- No Pictures does not display the pictures, though they can still be inserted into the text manually as described in How to Add a Picture Using the WYSIWYG Text Editor.
The Slideshow or Gallery can be shown within (not after) the text by including [SSHOW] within the text.