Add an event as shown below when you want to post an event that is scheduled on a regular basis (such as a meeting held the first Tuesday of every month).
While logged in, if you can see an Add button at the top of a calendar view, you can add an event to that calendar:
- Click Add. The Event Editor window appears.
- Provide an Event title. The Category (if available), Location and Description fields are optional, but recommended.
- Change the Start Date to the date of the event (by either typing the date using the model shown below the field, or by clicking the button to the right of the field and using the calendar that appears to select the date).
- Type From and To Times, if necessary, using the model shown below the field.
- Choose a Repeat pattern.
- You must supply either a number of Times the event will be repeated, or a date Until the event should repeat.
- Click Submit. The Event Editor window disappears and the calendar view you were working on refreshes to show your event (if it was within the dates shown by the current view).
Note: You cannot change individual dates in a repeated event. If one or more dates for your repeated event do not fit the selected pattern, then those dates must be added as separate events. Here's how:
An example is the best way to describe this process. Let's say you have a board meeting the first Thursday of every month. However, this year, the first Thursday in July is July 4, so that meeting will occur on July 11. To add this meeting as a repeated event:
- Add a new event with a start date on the first Thursday in January. Set the Repeat pattern to Every Month, same weekday and the Until date to June 31. Submit this event. This adds the January to June meetings.
- Edit the event you just created and click Save As Copy in the left column.
- Edit the copied event (it will have (copy) in the name), update the Event name, change the Start Date to July 11 (the odd date) and the Repeat pattern to Only Once. Submit this event.
- Edit the original event you created and click Save As Copy in the left column.
- Edit the copied event, update the Event name, change the Start Date to the first Thursday in August, the Repeat pattern to Every month, same weekday, and the Until date to December 31. Submit this event. This adds the August to December meetings.