Why? Occasionally, you may want to temporarily remove a page from a website without completely deleting it. For example, maybe you want some time to ensure the information it contains is accurate or perhaps it has only seasonal content.
- Log in as a Site Manager.
- Visit the page you wish to hide and edit it using the main edit button.
- In the Page Owner section of the form, from the Page Owner list, select Hide from Anonymous Users.
- In the How People Get To Your Page section of the form, change the Web Page File Name slightly (for example, replace the first letter of the file name with an x).
- Submit the page.
- Finally, if the hidden page appears in the main menu, that entry must be removed. Edit the home page and use the menu editor to delete the entry in the menu.
- The Hide from Anonymous Users step restricts access to the page to only Editors that are authorized to edit that page or to Site Managers.
- Changing the file name ensures that search engines will remove the page from their index the next time the page is crawled.
- Removing the page from the menu ensures that end users do not receive an error when trying to visit the page. The main menu is totally separate from the rest of the website content, so this must be done separately. You should also look for any other links to the hidden page in text on other pages, etc. and remove or update those as needed.