If the Site Manager has allowed it, and your Community Center is version 5b30 or later, you may add documents to a news article at any time while editing a news article:
- In the Documents section of the News Editor window, click Add. A Document Upload window appears.
- Click Browse or Choose File. A Choose File window appears.
- Navigate to a PDF or other document file stored on your computer (PDF is strongly recommended) and double-click it so that its full path now appears in the box next to the Browse button on the Document Upload window.
- Click Submit. Be patient while the document is uploaded to the web site. Then, the Document Upload window will disappear and the News Editor window will refresh with the message "A new document has been added" at the top.
- Scroll back to the Documents section of the News Editor window, make any changes necessary, then click Submit. The News Editor window disappears and the news view you started from refreshes.
How Documents Appear in Your Article
If you provide a Caption for the document, a link to the document will automatically appear below the Article text using the caption as link text.
If you do not provide a caption, you can add the link manually in the text area:
- Type the text users will click on to download the document. The text should be descriptive, like "download our interesting new document", rather than just "click here".
- Highlight the link text, then click the Insert/edit link button in the toolbar. The Insert/edit link window appears.
- From the Link List, select the correct document.
- In the Target list, choose Open link in a new window.
- Click Insert.