Why? When someone leaves your organization, or you are concerned about a user with an account accessing your website, disabling their account is the most expedient way to limit that account's access to your site. Also, disabling the account is usually preferable to deleting the account, at least initially, so that it remains easy to tell who was working on parts of the website.
- Click My Profile. The Login window appears displaying the Site Manager System Tools.
- Click User Manager. The User Manager window appears.
- Find the account you wish to disable in the list of user accounts.
- Check the box next to the account name.
- Click Enable/Disable Checked. The User Manager window refreshes with a message informing you that the account has been disabled, and (DISABLED) appears next to the account name in the list.