The initial view of a forum component shows a list of topics. To add a comment about one of the topics:
- Click the name of one of the topics. The view changes to show the comments that have already been submitted. If you are logged in and are able to add a new comment, an Add button will be available at the top of the view.
- Click Add. The Comment Editor window appears.
- Type your comment in the Comment box. You cannot format a forum comment.
- If a Display my name with this comment box appears on the form, uncheck the box if you wish to have your comment displayed anonymously.
- If an Allow registered users to send me a QuickNote from this comment box appears on the form, uncheck the box if you do not wish to allow other registered users to send you a QuickNote email from your comment (NOTE: This setting is only relevant if the Display my name with this comment box is also checked).
- When done editing your comment, click Submit. The Comment Editor window disappears.
Component for this Procedure: Forum
Minimum Community Center Version: 2
User Role: Editor
Procedure Link: http://www.liaa.org/howtoprocedure.asp?howtoid=47